May 17, 2011

The 'Queen of Fashion'

My kids and I were getting ready to go out for dinner when Sammi came into the living room wearing her pink and black pirate dress (from an old Halloween costume) and purple socks.

Me:  "I thought I told you to get ready to go?"

Sammi:  "I am ready to go."

Me:  "Take off that costume and put on the clothes I gave you so we can get to the restaurant."

Sammi:  "The clothes you gave me are too boring.  I am the 'Queen of Fashion' and I love this dress."

Me:  "Sammi..."

Sammi:  "Are you the 'Queen of Fashion'?  No.  I am the 'Queen of Fashion', and I think this dress is beautiful."  As she said this, she performed a pirouette in the middle of the room and then walked out of the living room as if to tell me that the 'Queen' is done listening to a mere commoner try to tell her what to wear.

Later on that evening, my sons and I accompanied the 'Queen of Fashion' (all decked out in her pirate dress, her purple socks, and her light-up, bejeweled sneakers) to the restaurant for dinner.



2 comments:

  1. Children are amazing! Always a good thing to say at the good time. Surely she was the most beautiful pirate princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I never had dress-up clothes, and my daughter didn't wear them to do out. But my granddaughter loves to wear her princess dresses and her ballerina tutus, and she seems so confident. Like your little Queen of Fashion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...