September 16, 2011

The Gym

Sammi:  "Daddy, why don't you go to the gym anymore?  You used to go there every day."

Me:  "Well, I've been really busy lately honey and I just haven't had the time."

Sammi looked at me for a minute and then reached up and patted my stomach.

Sammi:  "I think you better start making time..."

Me (chuckling):  "So, do you think Daddy's getting a little chubby?"

Sammi:  "Uhhh...  Let's just say that you just really need to try and make time to go back to the gym."

8 comments:

  1. Ouch haha. Gotta love kids. Callin 'em like they see 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL. At least she was subtle...kind of...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a minder now!! And that reminds me, I should be heading out there as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! She was right - I did need to get back to the gym... 6 year old truth can be brutal - but it's always honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, yep the monsterous gym. Its a beasty most grown up are really scared of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh! Your blog is so honest and always makes me smile. The gym and I are currently on non-speaking terms...

    ReplyDelete
  7. out of the mouths of babes.........!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...And now you know why I just have Uncle John...

    I'm not sure I'd get too concerned if I were you, remember how big lockers looked when you're young? Granted, taking diet advise from the person who puts the "B" in my title, is like taking singing lessons from Hellen Keller.

    As always, very funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...