September 21, 2011

Little Pink Monkey (Part 1)

Sammi has a little stuffed pink monkey aptly named 'Little Pink Monkey'.  According to Sammi, Little Pink Monkey is her best friend and he (yes, Little Pink Monkey is a boy) goes everywhere with her.
On Sammi's second week of school this year, I noticed that she was packing Little Pink Monkey in her backpack in order to take him to school with her.  She was zipping the backpack up - carefully making sure to keep the monkey's head out. 

Me:  "Why are you taking that toy to school with you?"

Sammi:  "That toy?!?"

Me:  "Sorry.  Why are you bringing Little Pink Monkey to school with you?"

Sammi:  "Because he gets so lonely all by himself here at home.  He misses me too much."

Me:  "Doesn't your teacher mind?"

Sammi:  "Nope.  She thinks he is adorable.  But he has to stay in the backpack now because yesterday he went to recess with me and went crazy.  The recess monitor really doesn’t like monkeys going crazy at recess.”

Me (winking):  “Okay, I guess you can bring him with you – just don’t let him go crazy at recess.”

Sammi:  “I won’t Daddy.”

Me:  “By the way – why do you have his head hanging out of the backpack like that?”

Sammi:  “So he can breathe…  Duh!”


6 comments:

  1. I love the moxy of "that toy?"!

    Bless her little *this*-is-my-world-and-I'm-going-to-have-it-the-way-I-want-it spirit. I respect that. Hell, I admire it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments!
    @BBG: I agree - I love that attitude she has too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...