September 20, 2011

Love Levels

Sammi came home from school the other day looking very blue.

Me:  "What's wrong Sammi?"

Sammi:  "I don't know - I feel sad and think I need to cry."

Me:  "Come here kiddo."

I picked Sammi up and she buried her face in my chest and cried for several minutes. I just held her and let her cry.  When she was finished. she wiped her red-rimmed eyes and smiled at me.

Sammi:  "I'm all better now Daddy."

Me:  "What was bothering you?"

Sammi:  "I think my 'love levels' were too low and I just needed to fill them back up.  Thanks Daddy!"

With that she turned around and skipped out of the room.

What she didn't realize is that she filled my love levels up too.

3 comments:

  1. It's so lovely! And this way she makes two happy! How great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Love Levels.' Aww bless her little heart. She's certainly raised mine and the Lil man's love levels. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is so sweet! Brought a tear to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...