September 12, 2011

Shopping

A couple of weeks ago, I took Sammi to the mall to get some new school clothes.

Me:  "Here try these pants on."

Sammi:  "These won't fit - they're size seven.  I don't turn seven until my birthday in October."

Me:  "The sizes aren't the same as your age honey.  Just go try them on."

Sammi (rolling her eyes):  "Daddy you don't know about these things because you're not a girl, but when I turned six, I wore a size six.  When I was five, I wore a size five.  So I won't wear size seven until after my birthday in October."

Me:  "Well the size six didn't fit over your bum, so please go try on the seven."

She tried on the pants and found that they actually did fit.  After we purchased all of her clothes, Sammi and I went to the food court to grab a bite to eat.  During lunch, I noticed that she was being very quiet.

Me:  "What's wrong Sam?  You don't like your food?"

Sammi:  "It’s not that...” 

Me:  “Well what’s wrong then?”

Sammi:  “I just don't get it Daddy.  How can my butt be seven when I’m still just six?"

Me:  "I guess that's one of those mysteries that we'll never figure out honey."

7 comments:

  1. One of the many mysteries about clothes :) Enjoyed the chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah

    I wish my clothes size was my age.
    Well maybe not, but double it would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids ask the simplest of questions which sometimes leave adults speechless. She seems to be an adorable kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great comments! I really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this blog is amazing.

    Kudos for blogging about your kid in a very original way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...