September 1, 2011

The Worst Thing Ever.

I came home from work one day and Sammi met me at the door with a terrible look on her face.

Me:  "Hey pumpkin, what's wrong?"

Sammi:  “Daddy, something very, very horrible happened to me today.”

Me (worried):  “What happened?  Are you okay?!?”

Sammi (very seriously):  “This is the worst thing that ever happened to me in my whole life!”

Me (very alarmed now):  “What happened?!?”

Sammi:  “I was going potty at school today - and my bum slipped and touched the water!"

Me:  "Uh, that's it?"

Sammi:  "But you don't understand Daddy - MY BUM TOUCHED THE WATER!!!

Me (trying not to smile now):  "Oh no!  I'm so sorry honey. That must've been an awful experience for you."

Sammi:  "Yes it was.  It was sooo gross!!!”

I'm really glad her idea of 'the worst thing ever' and mine are two different things.  I guess it's all perspective...



4 comments:

  1. Read this one out to the Lil man who couldn't stop laughing. Had to then read through the rest of your blog with him, which we both enjoyed. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lily! I consider a compliment from you and the Lil man to be one of the best compliments I can receive... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how it would be good to be young again when this is the worst thing ever!! It made me chuckle.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. May that *always* be the worst thing ever for her. File under: Hoping just saying so makes it happen. ;D

    Cute story!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...