October 26, 2011

Germs!

I was at the mall recently with Sammi and we stopped at the 'food court' to get some lunch.  While we were sitting there eating, she dropped some of her french fries on the ground.  She immediately bent over, picked them up and popped a couple of them in her mouth.

Me:  "Oh gross!  Did you just eat those fries off of the floor?!?"

Sammi:  "Yep."

Me:  "That's disgusting!  Why would you eat food off of the ground like that?"

Sammi:  "Five second rule - duh."

Me:  "Sammi, the five second rule isn't real.  You should never eat food off of the ground."

Sammi:  "Why not?  The floor isn't dirty."

Me:  "Because it's covered with germs!!!"

Sammi shrugged, popped a few more of the 'contaminated' fries into her mouth and said:  "I can't taste any germs..."

6 comments:

  1. What to answer really!! She is one of a kind and a little girl I love to read about every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a family blog, so I'm keeping shut about putting anything unsuitable in one's mouth.

    There's a brilliant British comedy called 'Outnumbered.' The little girl that stars in it, named karen, reminds me of Sammi.

    You should check it out on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the 5 second rule RULES!! At least Sammi will have a well-developed immune system. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marie - Yes, she is one of a kind... Thank god. :)
    @Lily - I'll check it out!
    @Vee - Yes, she's apparently immune to everything - except cooties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! What a sweet photo!

    I'm just visiting from Best posts of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now ain't that amazing?
    Sammi has the logic of any mature woman I know. hahaha

    I wish you well when she hit her teens!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...