October 13, 2011

The Super Secret Diary

I was sitting down in the kitchen the other day when Sammi came stomping into the room with her big brother not far behind.

Sammi (outraged):  "Daddy!  I caught Forrest reading my diary!!!"

Me:  "You have a diary?"

Sammi (seemingly close to tears):  "Yes and it has all my personal secrets in it - and he snuck in my room and read it!!!"

Me:  "You have secrets?!?"

Sammi:  "Yes I have secrets!!!  They are all in here!!!"

I looked at the "diary" in her hand - several pieces of construction paper stapled together.  On the cover, handwritten in crayon it read:  

"SAMMIS SUPPER SECERT DIERY!!!!!  KEEP OUT AND DONT READ!!!!"

Me:  "Forrest, did you sneak in Sammi's room and read her diary?"

Forrest:  "Yeah.  I'm sorry."

Me:  "Don't tell me - tell your sister!"

Forrest:  "I'm sorry Sammi.  It won't happen again."

Me:  "That was an invasion of your sister's privacy.  Now go to your room until I tell you to come out and think about what you did."

After her brother dejectedly left the room, Sammi started smiling.

Sammi:  "Thank you Daddy!  That'll teach him!"

Me:  "You don't seem sad anymore..."

Sammi:  "Well, it's not like he read my real diary."

Me:  "Real diary???"

Sammi:  "Yeah.  This isn't my real diary - it's a fake!  It has fake secrets in it.  My real diary has all my real secrets in it and no one will ever find that one."

With that she skipped out of the room - happy as a clam. 

I'm really going to have to watch her when she becomes a teenager...

12 comments:

  1. That daughter of yours is too cute and quick witted and quite adorable in her childish thinking. Those qualities can be of concern as she grows older.Thanks it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhahaha

    Smart kid, and yeah it sounds like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Just adorable. Lookout for the teenage years. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my capacity as a parent (ahem) I would simply advise you to turn the house upside down, leaving no stone unturned until that 'book of secrets is found'...though I could be overreacting just a tiny bit.

    Seriously though, she is one smart cookie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret diary? Isn't she a blogger? I'm thinking she tells the world everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, what a clever cookie your daughter is! And yes, speaking as the mother of a 13yr old girl, you may have to keep a close eye on her when she is older!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a genious! Why didnt I think of a fake diary when I was little? She's cute she has "secrets". =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is full of imagination! And she makes me laugh every time I read you - I think teenagers years will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, sir. You are totally in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, absolutely. She's already got the art of deception down to a science.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...