November 7, 2011

Crunches

Sammi came bursting through the door after school one day with big news.

Sammi:  "Guess what Daddy???  A girl in my school got crunches!"

Me:  "She got what?"

Sammi:  "Crunches."

Me:  "What are crunches?"

Sammi (rolling her eyes):  "She fell off the monkey bars at recess and broke her leg so now she needs crunches to walk."

Me:  "Ohhh... You mean crutches."

Sammi (exasperated):  "No! I mean crunches!"

Me:  "Oh, okay - calm down.  Why do they call them crunches?"

Sammi (sighing):  "Because, that's the sound your bone makes when it breaks... Duh."



9 comments:

  1. She's right there I guess. Crunch indeed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably better than calling them crotches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully naturally onomatopoetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments! The 'crotches' comment made me spill my coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the mouths of babes.

    She makes perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No grown up would ever think of that so once again Sammi wins the day! Brill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krouth, how can you pretend to know so much!
    Listen to the wisdom of your child.
    Two words: They Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me LOLLy!! It must be hard to correct her when she makes such perfect sense. So funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...