November 24, 2011

No Meat!!!

I was making dinner one night when Sammi came into the kitchen, looked in the frying pan and wrinkled her nose.

Sammi:  "Eww...  What's that?"

Me:  "Fried chicken."

Sammi:  "It's not made out of animals is it?"

Me:  "Uhhh, why do you ask?"

Sammi:  "Connor told me that meat comes from dead animals and I do NOT want to eat dead animals.  I want the meat without animals in it."

Me:  "Well sweetie, it's fried chicken - it's a chicken..."

Sammi (disgusted):  "So you mean that someone KILLED that chicken and now you're COOKING it and expect me to EAT it???  No.  I am not eating that!!!"

Me:  "But you love chicken..."

Sammi (stomping her foot on the ground):  "Not if it's made out of real chickens I don't."

That night, my boys and I ate fried chicken for dinner while Sammi enjoyed a nice 'chicken-less' salad.

6 comments:

  1. I feel a bit like Sammi and then I'm offered a bacon sandwich and I weaken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, that was funny.

    Have you thought about introducing Sammi to Quorn? It's a vegetarian product, where you have chicken pieces or fillets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Quorn! It's a very tasty meat substitute. Wow, Sammi is a thinker who's way beyond her years. What an incredible mind she has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I say that everyday, but I am still a dinosaur, of the carnivore specie.

    Geesh, I take my Caesar's Salad with bacon bits and chicken slices.

    I'm hopeless, putting my bottom dollar on Sammi though for her self-control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is very funny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...