December 13, 2011

What Part of 'No' Don't You Understand?

Sammi:  "Can I play with my Easy-Bake oven?"

Me:  "No honey.  It's too late."

Sammi:  "Please..."

Me:  "No Sammi.  It's time to go take your bath and get ready for bed."

Sammi:  "Pleeeeease..."

Me:  "No - now stop asking!"

Sammi:  "Puh-leeeeeeeze Daddy..."

Me:  "What part of 'No' don't you understand?!?"

Sammi (with a grin):  "The ‘Nnnn’ part."

Me:  "What?"

Sammi:  "You asked me what part of 'No' don’t I understand?  I don't understand the 'Nnnn' part.  I only understand the 'Oh' part."

Me:  "The 'Oh' part???"

Sammi:  "Yeah the 'Oh' part - like, 'Oh Sammi - it's Oh-kay if you stay up late and play with your Easy-Bake oven…”

She sure makes it hard to get mad at her.


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That reminds of when the Lil man told me that 'no' wasn't in his vocabulary, therefore he couldn't obey somehing he didn't understand.

    I swear, they have an answer for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, she had me at Easy Bake Oven.

    You lost me at "it's too late."
    ;-P

    Point: Sammi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! Posted to my facebook profile. You may get some readers from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you resist her - did she get to play with her easy bake oven after all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just say "yes". I bet it is easier than to try to resist her charm!
    She's just totally adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...