January 31, 2012

Duh-monia


Sammi:  "Daddy, I don't think I can go to school today."

Me:  "Why not?"

Sammi:  "Steve has duh-monia."

Me:  "What?!?"

Sammi:  "Steve has duh-monia, so I can't go to school today."

Me:  "You mean pneumonia?"

Sammi:  "Yeah. Duh-monia."

Me:  "Wait. Who is Steve?"

Sammi:  "My pink monkey."

Me:  "I thought his name was Little Pink Monkey?"

Sammi:  "It was, but I thought he needed a real name, so I changed it to Steve."

Me:  "I guess that makes sense."

Sammi:  "Yeah he likes his new name much better.  Little Pink Monkey was just what he was - that's not a real name.  Kinda like if I was named Beautiful Little Girl."

Me:  "I see."

Sammi:  "...or if you were named Chubby Old Dad..."

Me:  "I get it!"

Sammi:  "So he has duh-monia and I should stay home and take care of him today."

Me:  "Well, I'm sorry that he's sick - but you're not staying home from school just to take care of Little Pink Monkey."

Sammi:  "Steve."

Me:  "You're not staying home from school to take care of Steve."

Sammi:  "But Daddy! He's got duh-monia!!!"

Me:  "Well you're in luck little lady."

Sammi:  "Why?"

Me:  "Because I've got the day off today and will make sure to take care of Steve while you're at school."

Sammi (dejected):  "Oh, okay I guess..."

After that conversation, I think I need to make a doctor appointment, because I may be coming down with a case of "duh-monia" myself.
"Cough, cough! Sorry, I've got duh-monia..." 

9 comments:

  1. I love her descriptive of you and her. Kids can be so brutally honest. Take good care of Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sammi makes me laugh, yet again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Steve, I hear that there's been a huge report of Duh-monia going around at the moment.

    Nice try Sammi. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can Sammi's excuse be "foiled" by good ol "chubby checkers Dad"?

    Parents. Just way too too rational and sensible.

    Hope Steve is doing fine and that you too are well from your duh-monia. It would seem that the duh-monia virus is widespread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the things that little kids say!
    -r

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Steve is feeling better now and that your Duh-monia never materialised. Funny as ever. Thanks Sammi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading through your blog. Steve is definitely a better name than Little Pink Monkey :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...