January 3, 2012

He Sees You When You're Sleeping...

A couple of weeks ago when I was tucking Sammi in for the night, she asked me to sing her a bedtime song.  Since it was right before Christmas, I sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".  

Me:  “You better watch out, you better not cry. You better not pout I’m telling you why.”
         “Santa Claus is coming to town.”
         “He sees you when you’re sleeping. He knows when you’re awake…”

Sammi (interrupting):  "Daddy, is this song true?"

Me:  “What???”

Sammi:  “Is this song really true?”

Me (debating on how much to say):  "Uhhh…  Why do you ask?"

Sammi:  "Well, I know that Santa has to check and make sure that I've been good all year, but does he really need to see me when I'm sleeping?"

Me:  "Well honey, it's just a song..."

Sammi (relieved):  "That's good!  I think if that song were true, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all!"

Me:  "Why not?"

Sammi (shuddering):  "Because the thought of Santa watching me sleep is really creepy.  I'd be worried that if I woke up, he'd just be standing there - staring at me..."

Actually, she’s right – that is a creepy thought…  













10 comments:

  1. 1) Haaaaappy New Year to you!
    B) Grrrreat new pic!
    III) I believe that actually qualifies as super creeeeepy ;D (but a delightful read)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family a happy and prosperous new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now the Lil man knows the truth about Santa, he has henceforth been renamed as 'the Stalker,' due to the unerving lyrics of that very same song.

    It does make Santa sound kinda creepy...and predatory...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sammi has such an incredible mind! Hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you, I have 10 vintage Santas on my mantle, and they creep my husband out terribly. If he woke up and saw one on his nightstand, he would totally freak out.

    Hey, wait a minute...you've given me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I always felt there was something subliminally wrong with those songs ... how else do you explain stalking? or even the idea of old men luring young children?

    Gawd, the thought creeps me out big time!

    Thank God for sharp little ones, they can always tell! Feliz año nuevo Kevin! Salut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the great comments all! I've been extremely busy lately and not as diligent in responding to comments as I should. I'll have to add that to my growing list of resolutions... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is right, after all who would invite an old man into their bedroom in the middle of the night? There is something not quite right. Sammi as ever wise beyond her years. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it today's world it is creepy. I think when the song was written there weren't so many pervs out there or maybe there wasn't so much publicity about pervs.

    This was the perfect picture for this post. :) I'm so happy that you added this to Best Posts of the Week. My contribution is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just tooo cute. :) Thank you for following my site and being one of my few new friends. :) followed yours too. Have a prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...