January 25, 2012

Humble Girl

Sammi recently needed to get glasses.  The other morning she was admiring her 'new look' in the mirror.

Sammi:  "I look good in glasses, don't I Daddy?"

Me:  "You sure do!"

Sammi:  "No.  I mean, I REALLY look good in glasses."

Me:  "Yes Samantha, you really look good in your glasses."

Sammi (removing her glasses and striking a pose):  "I look really good without my glasses too!"

Me (trying to keep a straight face):  "You look great with or without glasses Honey.  You are very pretty and very humble."

Sammi:  "What's 'humble' Daddy?"

Me:  "Oh nothing - I was just teasing."

Sammi (looking back into the mirror):  "I think humble means beautiful girl..."

Sammi with her new specs...





9 comments:

  1. It's brilliant that your daughter has high self esteem and bucket-loads of confidence. Well done, Sammi's Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kevin, she looks so grown up now, compared to earlier pictures.

    Glasses are the new sexy but she doesn't need to know that until she's at least 21.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Lily, she does look more grown up with the glasses. I'm not sure I like this growing up business. I think I'm going to ground her...

      Delete
  3. I think it is wonderful that she has so much confidence. She is just too honest for false-modesty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammi sure looks humble ie beautiful actually she really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, she looks like a smart, pretty young lady!
    She's cool and confident. You should be proud of her, and of her parents! Oh is that you? :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...