January 6, 2012

The Puffy Coat

As Sammi and I were walking out the door the other morning, I noticed that she was only wearing a hooded sweatshirt to keep her warm instead of her winter coat.

Me (stopping her at the door):  "Whoa there munchkin - where's your coat?"

Sammi:  "I just wanna wear my hoodie to school today."

Me:  "Sorry, but it's too cold outside.  Go get your coat."

Sammi:  "But you're just wearing a jacket.  Why don't you wear your coat?"

Me:  "I'm just jumping in my warm car - you've got to wait outside for the school bus.  Besides, I hate the way that puffy coat looks on me - I think it makes me look fat."

Sammi:  "I'll wear my coat if you put yours on and let me see how it looks."

Me:  "I don't think so..."

Sammi (interrupting):  "Daddy, did you forget?  I am the 'Queen of Fashion'.  Just try it on for me - please."

Since we had a few minutes to spare, I figured that I'd humor her.  I put on my winter coat and modeled it for my daughter.

Me:  "See?  It's too puffy.  Don't you think it makes me look fat?"

Sammi looked at me for a second and then smiled and said:  "Don't be silly Daddy.  That coat doesn't make you look fat at all."

Me (taking a second look at myself in the mirror):  "You really think so?"

Sammi (laughing):  "Yeah!  It's not the coat that makes you look fat - it's your huge tummy!"

With that, she slapped my stomach and ran outside to catch the bus...

              "Does this make me look fat???"

5 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for the day when Sammi is old enough to blog. Her daily accounts of, 'life with dad' would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way Sammi keeps it downright pure and "real". =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth and nothing but the truth that seems to be Sammi's way. Oh and don't forget the truth sometimes hurts. Your coat looks really warm just be your warm self. Thanks for making me smile once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy always put a big smile on my face, she is so direct and true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn outta the mouths of babe-ness!! (shakes fist in your defense)

    P.S. The new (ok, I haven't been blogging/visiting for a while :-/) look is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...