February 13, 2012

Hippies

My son (Forrest) was teasing me one day after I captured a spider and let it outside instead of killing it.

Forrest:  "Why didn't you just kill that spider?"

Me:  "I like spiders - just not in the house.  Besides, I think they have as much right to life as anything else in this world."

Forrest:  "Oh my god - you are such a hippie!"

Me:  "I'm not a hippie."

Sammi (jumping to my defense):  "So what if Daddy likes spiders?  That doesn't make him a hippie!  I like spiders too - am I a hippie?"

Forrest:  "No, you're just a lunatic."

Sammi (getting in her brothers face):  "Ooooh!  Look at me- I'm a hippie from the 80's!  I love spiders!"

Forrest:  "Get outta my face you psycho!"

Sammi:  "What else do hippies say Daddy?"

Me (smiling):  "Groovy baby!"

Sammi (making peace signs with her fingers and getting back in her brothers face):  "Groovy, groovy, groovy!  I'm a hippy from the 80's and I looooove spiders. GROOOOOVY BABY!!!"

Forrest (leaving the room in defeat):  "Why does she have to be such a weirdo?!?"

Sammi then plopped down beside me with a huge, triumphant grin on her face:  "I'm not really a hippy from the 80's Daddy."

Me (feigning surprise):  "You're not???"

Sammi:  "Nope.  I just really like teasing Forrest.  Besides, I would've definitely squished that spider..."




16 comments:

  1. Ha ha! 'Hippie from the 80s', love it.

    Don't worry Kevin, I'm a hippie too but not with spiders, I'm with Sammi on this one. (as always) That sucker would have seen the inside of my trusted Electrolux 2000 by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiders are cool. Im almost a hippie I go barefeet but only in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if liking spiders makes you a hippie then I am so groovy baby !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spider would have lived to see another day if it visited me. "I'm not really a hippie from the '80s" lmao, that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great comments all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hippy from the 80's?

    That's just so groovy, baby. Peace out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where she grabbed the 80's from, but it made me laugh... :)

      Delete
  7. I take my spiders outside too, well, most of them. If they are near my plants by the back west door then I leave them alone.

    I loved the hippies from 80's. With all my recent projects and lack of a full time job I'm more of a New Millenium Hippie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hippies 80's more like 60/70's !? COOL, PEACE BROTHER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, I guess for a 7 year old, the 80's are as far away as the 60's. :)

      Delete
  9. I am so in love with this blog. I can't stand how funny kids can be. And I always want to write my daughter's musings down but forget about them the second I start recording them. So happy you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was gonna comment about the "80's" thing, but it seems that's been more than covered :) Adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She kept saying it too which cracked me up... :-)

      Delete
  11. "...I would've definitely squished that spider..."

    You're raising a braver girl than I am!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...