February 29, 2012

Noodles

Sitting down for dinner the other night...

Sammi:  "Gross! What is this?!?"

Me:  "It's Yakisoba."

Sammi:  "Yacka what?"

Me:  "Yakisoba - Japanese noodles."

Sammi:  "Well, whatever it's called, it looks disgusting!"

Me:  "Just try it."

Sammi:  "Oh my god! The noodles look like worms!!!"

Me (rolling my eyes):    "They're not worms."

Sammi:  "But Daddy, I hate these kind of yaka-noodles!"

Me:  "You've never had them before - just try them."

Sammi tried a microscopic bite of the noodles, made a horrible face, grabbed her throat and then started thrashing about and making gagging noises."

Me:  "Go ahead and spit it out, Drama Queen - I'll make you a sandwich."

Sammi:  "They should've just called these noodles 'yuck-isoba'..."



5 comments:

  1. we say yak when somthing tastes horrid so the name is quite fitting.
    I have to agree with Sammi on this one though, they are yaky bring on the sand wich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny!

    Check out my blog, there's something for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, we have the same kinda drama at our house. you would like we were torturing our kids, when in fact we are just 'enjoying' dinner.

    Glad to see I'm not the only one.

    Regina
    www.thecrazynutsmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fond of eating noodles so I feel so, so sad that Sammi's decision was made so quickly however I have never tried these type so maybe her thoughts on these are correct. Who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? I love Yakisoba!

    Oh well, maybe it's an acquired taste. Sammi's just being real. Between a yuck-isoba and a peanut butter, jelly sandwich? I totally relate, it's a life changing decision. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...