April 23, 2012

Grandpa - part 2

The other day, Sammi and I were sitting in my Mom and Dad's kitchen.

Sammi:  "Daddy, why are some men bald?"

Me:  "Well, some men lose their hair and others just shave their heads."

Sammi:  "Will you ever be bald?"

Me:  "Not if I can help it."

Sammi:  "Why not?"

Me:  "Some guys look good bald, but with my huge noggin, I'd look like the Elephant Man. Now your brother has a nice round head - he'd look good bald."

Sammi:  "Yeah..."

Me:  "Your Grandpa would look good bald too."

Sammi:  "No he wouldn't."

Me:  "You don't think so?"

Sammi:  "Nope.  His ears are way too big."

Grandpa (yelling from the other room):  "Hey!  I heard that!"

Sammi (without missing a beat):  "Of course you did - your ears are so big you probably hear everything!"

Sammi's awesome Grandpa

8 comments:

  1. I love the lack of remorse and the quick quip! Absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids never edit themselves before speaking. I remember instances in grocery stores when our son was a toddler. He'd say things like," Daddy, look at that chocolate man!" or "Daddy, that lady only has one arm!" I squirmed a bit back then, but now I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so quick! Gramps' ears don't look big to me, though. He's a good-looking guy, but I can't say whether or not I think he'd look good bald. The Santa hat's in my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammi is as cool as ever!
    I think your Dad is very Handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just talked about irreverence. Sammi is in very great company ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to read both posts and as ever the comments made it worth it as they always do. Rock on Sammi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...