May 30, 2012

Surreal

Sammi (skipping into the room):  "Daddy, did you know that The Supremes' version of You Can't Hurry Love is much better than the Phil Collins remake?"

Me (blank stare on my face):  "..."

Sammi:  "Did you hear me?"

Me:  "Uh... I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

Sammi:  "I said that Diana Ross and The Supremes sang  You Can't Hurry Love much better than Phil Collins.  I know that Phil Collins is a great singer, but I just think that The Supremes sang that song so much better."

Me:  "..."

Sammi:  "Don't you agree???"

Me:  "..."

Sammi:  "Daddy!"

Me: "Uh... Actually, yes - yes I do - but, wait...  How do you even know about those singers or that song?!?  You're SEVEN!"

Sammi (rolling her eyes):  "I not a baby Daddy - I know stuff!"

Sammi shook her head at my obvious lack of intelligence and then skipped back out of the room singing You Can't Hurry Love to herself, leaving me sitting there alone scratching my head...

Sometimes it's a bit surreal being the father of a seven year old who is smarter than I am.


14 comments:

  1. The girls got taste.

    I was her age when I first started to love Motown - although it was in the charts then.

    Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does have taste - but where did she get it?!?

      Delete
  2. She is soooo right!
    When I grow up, I want to be Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a very bright child..=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you "Anonymous"... Hey, wait a minute... Is this Sammi?!?

      Delete
  4. wow, Sammi is very smart :)

    btw i am alex :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! Unfortunately, I think intelligence skips a generation because she didn't get it from me. :P

      Delete
  5. I loved those moments when your kids leave you gobsmacked :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Gobsmacked" is now my official word of the day. :)

      Delete
  6. oh! I'd love to meet Sammi!..such a bright child..=)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...