June 4, 2012

Best Dad Ever

Sammi always tells me that I am the 'best dad ever'.  The other day, my mom and I were sitting in her kitchen as Sammi sat next to us coloring a picture, when my dad came in from outside.

Me:  "Sammi, did you know that my dad is the best dad ever?"

Sammi (without looking up from her coloring book):  "No he isn't.  You're the best dad ever."

Me:  "I know you like to tell me that, but when I was a little boy, I always thought that my daddy was the best dad ever."

Sammi:  "Well you were wrong.  He's not the best - you are."

Me:  "That's awfully nice of you to say to me, but who do you think taught me to be such a good daddy?"

Sammi looked up from her coloring book.  She looked over at my dad and then shrugged,  "From Grandma, of course."






13 comments:

  1. Very cute :) Grandma always knows best! Sammi has such beautiful eyes...

    I love reading your blog, and I'm sure she will truly cherish it too when she is older :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother taught me all that I know about growing facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wisdom of children unquestionable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder how will Sammie react if she'll read this ten years from now..=)..such a lovely kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By that time she will be in full "teenage angst" mode, so she'll probably roll her eyes, storm out of the room and slam her door every time I talk about these stories... :)

      Delete
  5. It's quite scary how much wisdom Sammi has. She really is special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandmas are so wise everyone knows that. Sammi certainly does it seems. Well done that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... that tugs on the heart! Happy Daddy's Day Kevin and I hope you know that both you and Sammi are lucky to have each other. Salut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're a product of a good marriage Kevin(your parents still together in the age of give-up divorcees). Keep up the good work with Sammi, such an honest and smart kid!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...