July 3, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Idiot Hunter

I took my kids to see the Disney movie "Brave" on Sunday.  While we were waiting in line to buy our tickets, 2 teenage girls in front of us (maybe 13 or 14 years old) were talking about the movie "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter".

Girl 1: "I heard that they based that movie on a real guy."

Girl 2: "Duh.  He was like the President or something a long time ago..."

Girl 1: "Yeah, but there weren't real vampires though - they added that part to the movie to make it more interesting."

Sammi looked at both girls, shook her head and muttered out loud, "Oh my God..."

I tried to hush her, but that seemed to make her speak louder, "Seriously???  Dad, did you hear those girls talking about Abraham Lincoln?!? They must be idiots!"

I gave Sammi a few dollars and shooed her away, "Hey, I’ve got a good idea - why don't you go wait over by the games with your brothers?"

As Sammi ran off, the girls watched her go then looked back at me.  They both looked somewhat annoyed.

I smiled at them, shrugged and said, "Well, she's got a pretty good point..."

The girls both turned back around in a huff and didn't say another word.

S'up?
















26 comments:

  1. I love those moments, kids just tell it like it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you don't want them to... :)

      Delete
  2. Wait.... the vampire part was made up? LOL, hey, at least she recognizes stupid. Those two teens sure didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure didn't... Unfortunately, I think our society today teaches our young people to value and emulate ignorance and bad behavior. Just look at what they watch on TV: Jersey Shore, The Kardashians, Teen Mom...

      Delete
  3. I'd be inclined to say that I weep for the future were it not for Sammi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While your bribery to shield the two idiots from further comments from Sammi might be socially admirable, I would have let her at them.

    Seriously, if they're that ignorant, they're fair game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like, totally...he like freed the slaves or something...

    I fear for the future of America...

    whowouldathought-kevin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness tht Sammi had the courage. I only wish their parents could have been there as well.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a blended family. My 16-year-old daughter was 12 when I met her. She was still funny, innocent and relatively normal then. There's a switch that gets flipped at ages 13 and 14 where they either act dumb or are dumb until they get to college.

    funny post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abraham was like, some British Royalty or, something...everyone knows that! Man, they were asking for it - your daughter just delivered the punchline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids can be embarrassingly honest! And oftentimes it's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was driving a long distance with my eldest daughter in the car. She was about eight at the time and getting restless. To try and occupy her I pointed out of the window at a flock of sheep. 'How many sheep can you see in that field?' I asked thinking it would take a while to count them all.

    She just looked at me like I was stupid and said: 'All of them'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant. I think your daughter is the idiot hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that kids can get away with saying the things we adults only think (and blog about later).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Good on your daughter for calling them out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. But, like, in the beginning of the preview they show him writing in a journal, so that journal must be real and it must be true, right?

    How was "Brave?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant.

    Anyone who even THINKS about seeing that movie is a jackass.

    Are young people are getting dumber by the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! Love it...!!! Your blog is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Sammi for saying what adults only think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...