August 27, 2012

Dice Fight!!!

Sammi:  "Daddy?  Can we play Dice Fight?"

Me:  "Sure.  What's Dice Fight?"

Sammi:  "It's a really, really fun game that I just now invented."

Me (sitting down on the floor next to her):  "Sounds great!  How do you play?"

Sammi:  "Oh, it's easy!  Let's just start playing.  You'll catch on."

Sammi pulled out a lopsided cardboard cube that was held together by lots of scotch tape.  She had drawn the 'dice dots' on the cube so it made a perfect home-made die.

Sammi:  "First we roll to see who goes first."

I rolled a five and Sammi rolled a four.

Sammi:  "I got a four!  I go first!"

Me:  "So... The highest number doesn't go first?"

Sammi:  "Not this time."

Me:  "Why?"

Sammi (rolling her eyes):  "Because I got a four. That's why."

Sammi rolled again:  "Awesome - I rolled a two!  You know what that means?"

Me:  "Uhhh...  No."

Sammi:  "DICE FIGHT!"

With a terrifying scream, Sammi lunged at me - punching, kicking, spinning and laughing.  Bruce Lee, on his best day, never landed as many punches as my daughter did in that moment.  I started laughing and held her down and started tickling her.

Sammi:  "No tickling allowed Daddy!  You lose your turn."

Me:  "Oh, okay.  Sorry."

Sammi:  "That's okay - you just need to follow the rules."

Me:  "But I don't know the..."

Sammi (cutting me off):  "Oh cool- I rolled a four!  You know what that means?"

Me:  "I don't know - what?"

Sammi:  "DICE FIGHT!!!"

Sammi flew at me again.  She looked like the Tasmanian Devil from the old Loony Tunes cartoons - spinning, kicking and punching.  I felt like I was on a blind date with Chris Brown.

After a few minutes of fighting and wrestling and laughing, Sammi declared that it was now my turn.  I rolled the die and got a six.

Me:  "Hey, hey, hey! Look at that!  I got a six!"

Sammi (shaking her head):  "Sorry Daddy.  That means you lose a turn."

Me:  "Lose my turn?  Just because I rolled a six?"

Sammi (snatching the die from my hand):  "Duh!"

Sammi:  "Ooooh...  I just rolled a one - you know what that means???"

Me:  "Dice fight?"

Sammi (laughing):  "No silly!  It means - FREE TUMMY PUNCH!!!"

Sammi swung as hard as she could at my stomach.  Unfortunately, her aim was a few inches too low and her little fist connected to my 'mommy-daddy buttons' like Rocky Balboa hitting a side of frozen beef...

As I crumpled to the floor and curled into the fetal position, my sweet little daughter laughed at me and jumped up.

Sammi (stepping over my crumpled body):  "I win!!!  That was sooo much fun!  I'm gonna go get a snack and then we can play again - okay Daddy?"

Me (trying to remain conscious):  "...ok sweetie..."






10 comments:

  1. She obviously learned that game from Calvin & Hobbes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The thought did cross my mind at the time that this game is a little like "Calvinball".

      Delete
  2. Haha, "mommy-daddy buttons".

    I giggled all the way through this post. Nice to know that Sammi hasn't lost her touch. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! I thought that she had "missed" my stomach when she nailed me in the jewels, but in hindsight, I think that may have been the plan all along...

      Delete
  3. Aww I just love her style! Are you telling the story exactly has it happened? Or are they adjusted/embellished for effect? Either way it's brilliant - I'm just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that's pretty much how it happened. We've played several times since, and the only rules that I can figure out are that there are no real rules - Sammi makes them up as she goes. Basically, we role the dice and then fight...

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! I sure hope she doesn't start teaching lessons... I'm pretty sure Eric would lay a serious smack down on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuck Norris never plays Dice Fight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I felt like I was on a blind date with Chris Brown."

    *applauds*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...