October 3, 2012

Sunsets Explained


As we were leaving our local recreation complex yesterday evening (I was picking Sammi up from swimming lessons), we were greeted with one of the most breathtaking sunsets that I've ever seen.  A rainstorm had just passed through the area and the setting sun looked beautiful breaking through the rapidly disappearing clouds.  To top it all off, a huge rainbow went from one end of the sky to the other.  
We both sat down on a park bench for awhile in silence looking at the amazing scene.

Me (finally breaking the silence):  "Wow, what a beautiful sky!"

Sammi:  “Do you know what I think sunsets are Daddy?”

Me:  “What?”

Sammi:  “You know how when you have to go pee really bad it hurts, and then when you finally get to go it feels awesome?”

Me:  “Yeah...”

Sammi:  “Well, maybe sunsets are when God has to pee really badly and then when he finally gets to go it makes a beautiful sunset."

Me:  “That was very poetic Sammi.”

Sammi:  “I know."

Me:  "I never thought of it that way."

Sammi:  "You see all those yellows and oranges and reds in the sky?  God really had to pee tonight.”

Me (smiling):  "He's obviously also not drinking enough water."

Sammi (laughing):  "Silly daddy."

Me:  “So how do you explain the rainbow?”

Sammi:  “I think God farts rainbows…”

God Farted...


7 comments:

  1. I though God's farts were the sound of thunder. Or is that God bowling? I can't remember and I have to pee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about thunder. I do like the imagery of a rainbow shooting out of God's butt... :)

      Delete
  2. It makes perfect sense to me. Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful scene - quickly annihilated by Sammi. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...