November 17, 2012

Forrest

Stuff My Daughter Says has been temporarily replaced (today only) for Stuff My Son Says:

I was sitting in the car yesterday with my oldest son, Forrest, waiting for my other son to get out of middle school for the day. 

Forrest was flipping through all the radio stations complaining loudly that there wasn't any Christmas music playing yet. 


He finally stopped scrolling through all the radio stations and said, "All I want is to be able to listen to Christmas music. Is that too much to ask?!?" 


As soon as he said this, the song that was playing had stopped and the announcer came on and said, "We have listened to your requests for holiday music - so here you are!" Then they immediately started playing Christmas music...


Forrest and I sat there in stunned silence staring at each other in disbelief. Finally, he looked out of the window and shouted up to the sky, "All I want is to be surrounded by Victoria's Secret models!!!"



If you're gonna make a wish, make it  good one...



















This week's post is being submitted to the weekly Dude Write blogging thingy (I think that's the official name).  You should go over there right now and check out some really good "dude writers".  I'm not kidding - get over there and check it out.  Seriously dude, why are you still here?  Don't make me pull this car over...

22 comments:

  1. Forrest:

    It sounds to me like Forrest is soon going to be in need of "The Talk." Are you ready, Dad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the talk is easier with boys. Now with my daughter, I don't think I'll ever be ready...

      Delete
  2. If Forrest pulls this off we will all be asking for him to give us the Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Forrest has his head in the right place! The real question here is - what happened right after his request?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, nothing happened. He burned his wish on Christmas music...

      Delete
    2. Bummer, well - there's always next year!

      Delete
  4. Oh, he used his one lifetime request on that? Sad....

    Very funny, but sad.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree WG. Wasting the wish of a lifetime for Christmas music in November? Sheesh.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yeah - he cracks me up pretty regularly.

      Delete
  6. Whoa...he's got some sort of super power...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Now he just needs to learn how to harness his power. : )

      Delete
  7. Wishing for beautiful women; that sounds very healthy to me.

    You start to worry when he fantasizes about guns!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...