December 19, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone!  I have been extremely busy this month - doing the 'single dad' thing, going to all the holiday recitals, band concerts, etc...  Because of that, I really haven't had a lot of time to sit down and work on my blog.
I haven't forgotten about you though - I will be off next week and should have some free time to get caught up on my blog writing (and reading).
In the mean time, here is a holiday post from a year ago that really made me laugh:





















He Sees You When You're Sleeping...

A couple of weeks ago when I was tucking Sammi in for the night, she asked me to sing her a bedtime song.  Since it was right before Christmas, I sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".  

Me:  “You better watch out, you better not cry. You better not pout I’m telling you why.”
         “Santa Claus is coming to town.”
         “He sees you when you’re sleeping. He knows when you’re awake…”

Sammi (interrupting):  "Daddy, is this song true?"

Me:  “What???”

Sammi:  “Is this song really true?”

Me (debating on how much to say):  "Uhhh…  Why do you ask?"

Sammi:  "Well, I know that Santa has to check and make sure that I've been good all year, but does he really need to see me when I'm sleeping?"

Me:  "Well honey, it's just a song..."

Sammi (relieved):  "That's good!  I think if that song were true, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all!"

Me:  "Why not?"

Sammi (shuddering):  "Because the thought of Santa watching me sleep is really creepy.  I'd be worried that if I woke up, he'd just be standing there - staring at me..."

Actually, she’s right – that is a creepy thought…  






















8 comments:

  1. I remember singing that song to our son and neither of us thought it was creepy, but it sorta is....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I didn't realize just how creepy it sounded until she brought it up. :)

      Delete
  2. Gosh, Sammi looks all grown up.
    I hope that you and the kids, have a wonderful Christmas Kevin.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this attaches: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152333445945013&set=a.10150637215780013.690659.587765012&type=1&theater

    You've been on my mind this week. Good to see a new post (all the better to see another soon ;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link is a little jacked - but I got it. I had to share it on my FB. Merry Christmas BBG!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...